Having a reliable and durable exhaust system will ensure that your car runs smoothly, without any problems. For this reason, it’s essential to invest in the best exhaust system for GMC Sierra.
The exhaust of your vehicle is one of the most vital parts. It not only keeps the engine running smoothly. But it also helps you to avoid violating emissions regulations in places like California. For example, the GMC Sierra is a popular truck that many people have. Luckily, there are plenty of the exhaust system for Sierra out there to choose from. Thus, you don’t have to worry about your vehicle any longer!
Our experts have done all the research for you, so go ahead and look at our list below of the 7 best exhaust systems for GMC Sierra before making your decision. You won’t be disappointed!
Best exhaust system for GMC sierra reviews
Here it’s time to go through our detailed review of each product in detail. We will go through all the pros and cons. It will help you to choose your next gear carefully.
1. Borla (140537) Cat-Back Exhaust System
Borla’s ATAK Cat Back is the best performance exhaust GMC sierra. It gives your truck a deep, throaty rumble without being intrusive or annoying. The straight-through design of the ATAK exhausts makes them louder than other systems.
The GMC sierra exhaust system is a perfect choice for people who want to add a little more power and muscle to their Chevrolet Silverado or GMC Sierra. Its performance core ensures that your engine gets all of the oxygen it needs to run at peak capacity. In addition, the ATAK is designed with a 2.75″ inlet and 2.25″ outlet, making it compatible with most factory headers.
It provides you with improved throttle response, increased horsepower and torque, and a more aggressive tone without exceeding the sound limits of your vehicle. Thus, you need not worry to fix exhaust leak for its better quality than other systems.
When you are looking for the best exhaust system, take a look at Borla’s model 140537. This product weighs 54 pounds and has dimensions 152 centimetres in length x 34 inches high x 41 wide.
- Borla’s patented straight-through technology.
- CNC manufacturing ensures an accurate fit, while mandrel bending provides smooth flow.
- Borla’s patented multi-core technology features a stainless-steel shell with a high-temperature black silicone coating for maximum heat protection.
- The core has a highly compressed carbon fiber impregnated with high-temperature resins.
- Unleash the power of your vehicle with a distinctive Borla sound of energy. It will make your car stand out from the crowd.
- Patented technology
- Million-mile warranty
- Maximum heat protection
- Some say it’s loud.
2. BORLA 140572 Exhaust for Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500
The BORLA® is the world’s most complete line of performance exhaust systems for GMC sierra. It is engineered and built in America to deliver power gains, aggressive sound, and style. This system features a 4″ aluminized steel body with mandrel-bent tubing and polished stainless steel tips.
This exhaust System for Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 provides a deep, throaty sound that will turn heads.
It is an excellent upgrade to perform. This Borla cat-back system offers increased horsepower, torque, and throttle response. The tone of this exhaust system provides an intoxicating concert of steel, gears, and combustion that enhances your driving experience.
Borla exhaust system is suitable for your Jeep. It has package dimensions of 33 cm L x 154cm W x 414cm H and 61 lbs.
- For the ultimate driving experience, Borla Performance Exhaust Systems are designed to unleash hidden horsepower and torque.
- With a patented technology that makes outward flow more efficient.
- The exhaust system features a large diameter, straight-through perforated stainless-steel muffler.
- This system also includes polished 304 stainless steel tips for a refined look.
- Power and performance
- Durable material
- Large horsepower
- Bit heavy
3. Flowmaster 817669 American System
Flowmaster’s 409S Cat-Back System is for the GMC Sierra exhaust 1500. It is a moderate sound level system that gives you a deep and throaty tone.
It includes mandrel-bent 409 stainless steel tubing and aluminized steel tailpipes. In addition to this, it comes with all necessary parts and hardware for installation. It makes it great for daily drivers and those looking for an aggressive look under the hood.
The Bolt-on emissions legal system uses the factory hanger locations. In addition, this Flowmaster cat-back exhaust system comes with round tailpipes. Moreover, there are thick flanges that are finished in a durable black powder coat finish.
Flowmaster manufactures an good exhaust system. The model number is 817669, and it weighs 62.5 pounds.
- The exhaust system is an actual bolt-on performance upgrade that will add power and sound to your vehicle.
- The 409S features Flowmaster’s patented Delta Flow technology.
- It provides increased horsepower and torque throughout the RPM range.
- The 409S system has a deep, throaty tone perfect for muscle cars, trucks, and SUVs.
- This best truck muffler will give your vehicle the sound it was meant to have.
- Stainless steel construction
- Lifetime warranty
- Delta flow technology
- Some say welded holder is not at the exact spot.
4. BORLA 140571 S Type Exhaust System
The BORLA S-Type Cat-Back is designed to unleash the performance potential of your vehicle. This Borla exhaust features a straight-through muffler design. It provides a deeper tone and throaty sound while increasing horsepower and torque.
The S-Type’s unique perforated core design allows for maximum flow and unrestricted gases. It results in increased power output. The unique design of this best-sounding truck exhaust allows for better flow with minimal restriction.
The BORLA Performance S-Type Cat-Back system is the right blend of packing filament, straight-through core dimensions, core perforation pattern, and cylindrical shape to deliver a throaty high-performance sound.
Borla manufactures a new exhaust system for GMC Sierra trucks. The model 140571 package dimensions are 152.4 cm L x 40.64 cm W x 33.02 cm H and weigh 5 pounds.
- The system has the ultimate performance system for your vehicle.
- The patented straight-through technology provides maximum flow and power while reducing sound levels to a deep, throaty rumble that will be sure to turn heads.
- This revolutionary concept produces an unrestricted path from the engine to the tailpipe. It results in increased horsepower and torque, improved fuel economy, reduced emissions, and a distinctive growl when you step on it!
- This product comes with a million-mile warranty that covers any defects in craft or materials.
- Ultimate performance
- Improve fuel economy
- 100% warranty
- No technical flaw in the product
5. MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust
The MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System for your truck is a perfect choice to give your vehicle an enhanced tone. This dual exhaust system is engineered and manufactured in the USA.
It features stainless steel 3 inches main piping and the same dual side with refined 3.5 inches exhaust tips. The MagnaFlow is available for a wide range of applications, from stock replacement to full race.
It features mandrel-bent tubing and precision TIG welding to ensure long life while producing the ultimate tone that you desire. Moreover, this system comes with all the necessary hardware for easy installation.
The MagnaFlow is a 38 pound stainless steel system. It fits most 2007 to 2016 model trucks. This product has item number 15270 and an exterior of stainless material.
- MagnaFlow performance cat-backs are engineered to deliver the ultimate in both performance and sound.
- It uses CNC accuracy robotic engineering, ensuring that every system is precision-built for your vehicle.
- The mandrel-bent steel tubing provides maximum flow and power gains, while our straight-through perforated core mufflers offer a smooth, deep tone.
- They’re also highly corrosion resistant due to their stainless-steel construction.
- It delivers maximum power gains on the street or track while providing a comfortable interior noise level.
- Dyno proven power
- Stainless steel construction
- Mandrel-bent pipes
- Bit pricey
6. FLOWMASTER Doss 717787
Flowmaster’s DOSS cat-back is the best exhaust systems. It is easy to add performance and a deep, aggressive tone of voice to your vehicle. The 409S stainless steel mandrel-bent tubing flows maximum power and a deep, aggressive sound.
In addition, an over sized single outlet muffler features a straight-through design that eliminates the restrictions associated with other designs. Thus you will not face glow red exhaust manifold issue with Flowmaster.
Flowmaster offers a full line of performance exhaust systems for cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Flowmaster’s mission is to provide the highest quality products available at an affordable price.
The Flowmaster for GMC sierra is a universal fit. It weighs 19.3 kilograms and fits OEM equivalent part number 717787. It’s the perfect upgrade to add performance or sound effects to your car that you’ve desired!
- Flowmaster’s patented FlowFX technology delivers the highest quality performance on the market.
- It utilizes a CNC precision robotic manufacturing process.
- This unique design allows for maximum flow while reducing backpressure and increasing overall performance.
- The straight-through design of the Flowmaster Exhaust Mufflers provides maximum flow and performance. It can eliminate the 90-degree bends found in other designs.
- deep sound
- 409 s stainless steel
- Detailed instruction manual
- Some say installation is not easy.
7. MagnaFlow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust
The MagnaFlow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System was engineered to provide increased power and performance for your vehicle. The GMC item features a straight-through flow design.
Systems are designed for street use and provide a moderate to aggressive tone without being overly loud. They feature a deep-sounding rumble that’s not too harsh or raspy. The MagnaFlow Street Series cat-back performance exhaust system is designed for the everyday driver who wants their vehicle to look and sound great!
MagnaFlow manufactures a high-quality product. This particular unit weighs 57 pounds and measures 59 x 14.25 x 20.75 inches in dimension. So, it is easy to install yourself as long as you have the right tools available before installing your new MagnaFlow Exhaust System!
- This system features a fully polished stainless-steel construction robotically TIG welded for precision and quality.
- It also includes all necessary parts to complete installation on your vehicle.
- It features GMC sierra muffler designs, ensuring they deliver both performance and sound.
- Include all accessories
- Precision and quality
- Affordable option
- No technical flaw in the product.
How to install a new exhaust system?
Here we will show you how to install a new one in your automobile. It is important to note that some of the steps may vary depending on the truck and engine you have installed.
The first step of the installation is to remove the exhaust system part connecting to your truck. To do this, you will need a tool called an angle grinder with cutoff disks.
Once you have removed all the bolts and screws holding it in place, you can use towels or gloves to protect yourself from any sharp edges. After that, pull off the old pipe by moving it slightly up and down until it comes loose.
When removing parts such as these, make sure no leftover pieces are hanging out. The reason is they will be challenging to remove later on when reinstalling everything together. So always double-check before putting anything back into place.
Now cover your entire engine bay (both sides) with some tarp or plastic sheeting for protection against dirt, debris, etc.
The next step in the installation is to attach the new pipe to the engine head by screwing it on with a wrench.
Do not use any lubrication or adhesive on the bolts, screws, etc. It can cause rust and other buildups in your system. In addition, it will eventually ruin all components over time. Also, it makes them very difficult to remove later once they begin corroding inside. So, keep everything dry for now until you have applied some sealant when ready.
Always make sure both ends are lined up before moving on to attaching anything else such as hangers. Otherwise, you could install things at an angle. It will prevent proper drainage from occurring below where all pipes meet together, creating a bottleneck effect causing back pressure and thus reduces power and increases gas emissions even more.
The next step in the installation is attaching the hangers themselves. It is generally either welded or bolted on to prevent them from coming loose under severe vibration over time.
Make sure everything is lined up correctly. After that, start tightening down all bolts in a criss-cross pattern. Also, make sure nothing twists out of place by placing your feet against it for leverage before getting too carried away.
Finally, apply some sealant around both ends where they meet together. It will help prevent water buildup and corrosion once you begin driving down the road at high speeds constantly. Moreover, keep an eye out for any leaks.
If you notice blue smoke coming from exhaust after installation, it denotes engine oil leakage from engine. It is not the problem of your catalytic system. Thus communicate with your trusted mechanic to resolve the issue sooner. On the other hand, white smoke from exhaust denotes coolant leakage.
Buyer guide (Exhaust System for GMC Sierra)
Choosing the right catalytic can be tricky, especially if you are not sure what to look for. The first step is to know your vehicle and its needs. Are you looking for a performance exhaust system or just something that will get rid of the factory sound? Do you need a wide-body kit? There are many things to consider, but we have put together a buyer’s guide to make it easier!
Type of exhaust system:
Before purchase, the first factor to consider is the type of exhaust you are looking to buy. There are two main types: performance and replacement systems.
- Performance system:
A performance system is made with the specific goal of improving power, torque, or gas mileage. It does this by reducing back pressure to remove restrictions caused by your factory exhaust system.
In terms of sound, these will make your car more aggressive while driving at low speeds. However, it’s not too much when cruising on a highway. It should be noted that if you want something quieter than stock. Usually, no additional accessories need to be added to lower noise levels since most models come from the manufacturer.
- Replacement systems:
Replacement systems provide similar benefits as their performance counterparts without the added noise and expense. As a result, these are a good choice for drivers who want to improve their car’s sound. It does this without making it too loud or noticeable by others on the road.
The second factor you need to consider before purchase is the material. Most replacement systems are made of stainless steel or aluminized alloy. So that they can be pretty expensive compared to the standard models. The material needs heat with stand capability as the exhaust becomes hot while driving.
Car system compatibility:
The next factor you need to consider before your purchase is the car’s system compatibility. There are many types of systems that you can use on your truck, depending on the manufacturer. So it is important to double-check if you want your product installed properly. Moreover, it fits in with all other parts, such as manifolds or catalytic converters.
Once these factors have been considered, they should make their purchase based on the price-performance ratio alone. There are some brands out there that will offer good quality within a reasonable price range. However, do not expect every model to provide excellent performance at an affordable price.
You may also consider adding points about the installation process. Make sure to pick the product that is easy to install.
Finally, you need to check the warranty condition before purchasing the aftermarket exhaust systems. Maximum products offer an inadequate warranty on all their items. Thus, take the decision after getting the clear information.
1. What is the best sounding exhaust for GMC Sierra 1500?
The best sounding exhaust for 1500 is the Magnaflow 11414 Cat-Back. It’s a stainless-steel system, and its tone you can modify by adjusting the muffler to give your car that extra boost of power. It has a deep and throaty sound. They sound great and are easy to install
2. Which exhaust system sounds the best?
The exhaust system you choose can significantly affect the performance of your car. It’s significant to choose a good one that fits in the car and sounds excellent. However, it’s not always easy to figure out which is best. The Magnaflow System sounds the best because it’s quiet and doesn’t have a lot of smoke.
3. Which material is better for the GMC Sierra exhaust?
There are two options for the performance exhaust. You can choose between stainless steel or chrome-plated aluminum. The materials have different properties, and each has its pros and cons. The best material for this item is stainless because it’s lightweight and inexpensive.
4. What is the most aggressive-sounding muffler?
The most aggressive muffler will be loud and sound like a jet engine. Besides being super-loud, it’ll make your car faster! They’re loud, they sound great, and it’s easy to get them customized so that they fit your personality perfectly!
5. How much horsepower will straight pipes add?
From what I’ve read, straight pipes will add 30 horsepower. But be careful! They can also reduce your fuel efficiency and put people off when you drive by them.
6. How much does it cost to straight pipe a GMC Sierra?
A GMC Sierra is a great truck to own. However, you must get the right components. So that your engine runs well and your vehicle won’t break down—a decent straight pipe costs ranges from $300 to $500.
7. Which is better: a 4 or 5 inch exhaust?
A 5-inch exhaust header is better than a 4 inch one if you want to save money and have a fast-idling car. Of course, four-inch parts are louder than five-inch ones. However, they can have a more powerful sound if you don’t mind the noise.
8. Can you fix the exhaust system of other cars in GMC?
No, you cannot set other exhaust systems in GMC vehicles. Each item is engineered for a specific model of that car. Thus, you have to choose the accurate one, which is well-suited with GMC.
9. Can you use a cracked pipe in the Sierra exhaust?
A minor crack can raise the noise level highly. If you overlook the small cracked one, it will enlarge gradually. Thus, you should fix the crack sooner.
10. Why Flow Master Super 44 is the best systems for Sierra?
The Flow Master Super 44 increases the torque and horsepower of the engine than other exhaust systems. That’s why it can be recommended as the best one.
One of the most important aspects of any vehicle is its exhaust system. A high-quality, well-maintained products will help your car run properly and efficiently for years to come. But with so many different manufacturers out there, it can be tough to choose which one is best for you and your budget. We’ve done some research and found 7 recommendations for the best exhaust system for GMC sierra. We believe it is worth considering when it comes time to replace or upgrade your current truck’s catalytic converters. So which brand should you go with?