Technology in the car industry is constantly changing. One of the aspects that have been evolving the most is car batteries. Manufacturers have developed a wide range of choices to meet your requirements. With so many types of batteries on the market, it can be challenging to find one with all of your needs covered.
Luckily Toyota owners have a solution. There are many different types of Toyota Rav4 batteries on the market today. So it’s essential to choose one that suits you best when replacing your old one!
In this blog post, we’re going to look at the best battery for Toyota RAV4 and why they’re great.
Best Battery for Toyota RAV4
Here, we’ll look at the 6 best Toyota Rav 4 batteries available on the market today. These are all high-quality brands that come with excellent feedback from customers who have purchased them.
1. Optima Batteries OPT8040-218 D35 Dual Purpose Battery
The Optima Batteries OPT8040-218 is an excellent battery for Rav4 models. It’s a dual-purpose battery that offers power for starting, lighting, and ignition. It also comes with high-performance cranking amps to start your engine quickly, even in winter conditions or very low temperatures.
This 12V battery has a reserve capacity of 98 minutes, meaning you can use your car for a long time even with the engine turned off. It comes with a lightweight spiral cell design that ensures it’s going to be comfortable on your Rav 4 engine.
It’s maintenance-free and spill-proof, which helps protect the environment. It comes with a warranty of 4 years. We love this deep cycle battery because it works great in cold conditions, offers excellent performance for a reasonable price.
- High performance for engine cranking in cold weather.
- Lightweight spiral cell design.
- Reserve capacity of 98 minutes (enough power for over an hour’s worth of use)
- Dual-purpose battery (provides power to start, run, and access lighting/ignition system).
- 15 times more resistant to vibration.
- It’s pretty lightweight and compact in design.
- Affordable price.
- 100% spill-proof-proofspill-proofproof.
- 0% maintenance required.
- It doesn’t have a built-in handle.
2. Odyssey 34R-PC1500T Automotive and LTV Battery
The Odyssey 34R-PC1500T is another excellent choice for the Toyota Rav4 battery. It’s a high-performance, sealed lead acid battery that has been designed to provide reliable power even in hot, cold, or wet conditions. The rubber casing on the exterior of the battery offers additional protection from vibration and shock. This increases durability and reduces breakage. It’s also spill-proof and leak-proof, meaning you won’t have to worry about it exploding or corroding like other batteries.
This 34R-PC1500T comes with 850 cold-cranking amps (CCA). It gives your Jeep a strong start in low temperatures. It also has high amperage output for reliable performance. Also, its 70% longer life cycle means it will be a lot more economical in the long run.
- 850 cold-cranking amps.
- Entirely lead grid technology increases efficiency and durability.
- `It has a spill-proof and leak-proof design.
- Resists vibration and shock, which reduces the risk of breakage/damage during transportation.
- It takes 3 to 4 hours to charge from 0 to 100%.
- Four years of free replacements.
- High amperage output.
- Longer life cycle than other deep batteries.
- Lead-Acid cell.
- Quite expensive.
3. Optima 8020-164 35 Starting Battery
The Optima 8020-164 is the best automotive battery 2015 for the Toyota Rav4. It offers reliable, durable performance. The spiral cell construction of this unit ensures it’s going to be comfortable on your Rav 4 engine. This car has a battery that will last for 90 minutes. It means you can get out of the car, turn off the engine, and then use it again later without charging it.
Also, this optima batteries come with dual-purpose starting power and high cranking amps for challenging weather conditions. It’s a heavy-duty unit that can provide sufficient starting, lighting, and ignition power in all weather conditions.
- Its spiral cell design ensures it’s going to be comfortable on your Rav 4 engine.
- Longer life in extreme temperatures compared with conventional batteries.
- High cranking amps (720) for harsh weather conditions.
- Dual-purpose starting power and high cranking amps for harsh weather conditions.
- Uses elevated purity lead (EPE) plates, which increases its performance
- It offers superior vibration performance compared to other batteries
- It provides excellent resistance against shock and vibration.
- Relatively lightweight.
- 3 years warranty.
- It doesn’t come with a built-in handle.
4. Delphi BU9035 MaxStart AGM Battery
The Delphi BU9035 is a high-performance product that can provide superior starting power in cold weather. It’s a top-performing battery that can run longer in extreme temperatures. What’s more, it has been manufactured using the patented Max-Cold technology to make it perform better in low temperatures compared to other batteries.
Also, this battery features a positive grid and tough internal cell construction for longevity and resilience. Another fantastic feature about this Delphi is its design with absorbed glass mat (AGM) technology. This reduces acid spills inside your car, which means you don’t have to clean up after the battery leaks out.
- It’s one of the few batteries that are designed with (AGM) technology.
- Positive grid and tough internal cell construction ensure excellent resistance against vibration/shock.
- It’s maintenance-free and comes with a pre-filled electrolyte solution.
- It has a patented Max-Cold technology.
- Industry-leading CCA rating of 680 for excellent starting power in all weather
- Much lightweight compared with other batteries in its class.
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Long life span.
- 20x more vibration resistance compared to conventional battery types.
- Must be charged correctly to achieve maximum performance.
5. Deka 9A34R AGM Battery
Another amazing product we found is the Deka 9A34R AGM battery. It features a high-performance design that ensures your car starts right away each time you need it most. In addition to that, it has been manufactured using tough glass mat technology for reliable performance.
This battery’s unique spiral cell design provides a 30% overall increase in power compared to other competitive products. One of the things you will love about this is that it doesn’t have any separators. So water levels don’t need to be checked.
So what you’re getting here is a maintenance-free battery that’s ready to start your car as soon as you install it.
- It doesn’t require any water additions, separators, or maintenance.
- It is designed with tough glass mat technology for reliable performance.
- Fast recharge capability (especially when the temperature is above 50 degrees C)
- It has a vibration-resistant design that can withstand the rigors of road conditions.
- It has a dual-purpose design that ensures high reliability for both starter and deep cycle applications.
- Easy installation.
- Longer shelf life.
- High discharge rate for faster cranking.
- Too much lightweight (5 pounds only).
- It can’t stay discharged for a long time.
6. ODYSSEY 34R-PC1500 Battery
The ODYSSEY 34R-PC1500-A is one of the best rav4 batteries that you can find on the market right now. It features a unique spiral cell design that can offer up to 1,000 deep discharges. It’s one of the most preferred to use as a Toyota hybrid battery because of its heavy-duty solid cast terminal.
It can deliver a unit of extreme power. That’s why it has become one of the best batteries to use. The pure lead plates in it come with 99.99% purity, so you know it delivers exceptional performance every time. Also, this car battery is tightly sealed to ensure it’s safe from leakage.
- It uses pure lead plates, which increases its corrosion resistance more than 2x compared to other batteries.
- It includes solid cast terminal posts for increased durability and power capacity.
- Equipped with a heavy-duty plastic exterior case for ultimate protection.
- It has a vibration-resistant design for increased resistance to shock and impact.
- It is pretty explosion-proof, so no worries about overheating or chemical fumes.
- Extreme battery life.
- Superior power capacity.
- Longer service life.
- Fastest recharge time (4 hours)
- Higher price compared to other car batteries.
Buying Guide for Toyota Rav4 High Quality Battery
Here are some things you must consider before buying your next Toyota Rav4 battery.
To get the ideal battery for your vehicle, you need to consider its current reserve capacity. Range goes from 55Ah (Ampere-Hour) to 95Ah. The bigger the amperage, the longer your car will last on a full charge after it’s been turned off. So if you’re going to be using your car a lot, consider buying a battery with at least 70Ah capacity.
Cold Cranking Amps
Another important consideration while purchasing is its cold cranking amps (CCA). CCA measures how much power/amperage a battery can deliver at 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius for 30 seconds.
It will help you get your engine started in winter conditions, even when it’s below freezing. So when buying, ensure it has at least 800 CCA power.
Type of Battery & Design
There are two kinds of batteries to think about when buying a Rav 4 battery: the standard and sealed. The standard model is considered better because you can replace its cells after being used up in time. But for this to work, you’ll have to maintain the water levels inside the battery so that it doesn’t dry out or become useless.
On the other hand, a sealed model is more convenient because it is easier to install and remove. It also requires less maintenance over time since it doesn’t use liquid cells.
Maintenance-Free or Not
If you’re looking for the best Rav 4 battery, one of the things to take into consideration is whether it’s maintenance-free. This feature will allow you to avoid further hassles and expenses associated with corrosion build-up and leaking. It also helps protect the environment from spills and contamination.
However, this will mean you’ll have to spend a lot of money on batteries more often. But if you live in a city where the temperature doesn’t drop below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, investing in an affordable battery with maintenance-free features is your best option.
The Battery voltage refers to how much power can release at any given time. Toyota Rav4 batteries come in 12 volts, which equals 1.2 multiplied by a number of cells in series. So, a 6 cell battery will have a voltage of 7.2 Vdc (where Vdc refers to “Voltage Direct Current”).
Higher voltages mean more power, and this is why most car batteries come with a voltage of 12 volts.
Toyota rav4 battery price can vary a lot depending on the type of vehicle you use. Lead-Acid batteries are the cheapest, followed by Valve-Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) and finally Lithium-Ion, also known as Li-Ion batteries.
Depending on how much power/amperage your battery has and its type, prices range from $140 to a whopping $500.
The warranty period for the best batteries varies from one manufacturer to another. Depending on the product’s manufacturer, it can be as short as 1 year or last up to 7 years.
Some car battery manufacturers also offer a free replacement warranty for customers after buying their products. So you might want to check that out first before deciding on one.
If the warranty only covers itself and not labor costs, you have to pay extra should your dealer try to change it/install it for you. But ensure you get 100% Toyota RAV 4 battery replacement from the manufacturer.
If you want to keep your vehicle battery healthy and extend its lifespan, you need to buy a charger. It can be recharged up to 500 times before it starts deteriorating. The battery charging process takes about 8 hours or more for batteries with lower amperage and capacity (55 Ahr and below).
If yours has higher amperage and capacity (75Ahr and above), expect it to take less time, 4-5 hours only! But typically, 100-200 charges are enough for most batteries before they need replacement.
Good thing there are also quick chargers that can do this job within an hour or two. So if you’re not the type who changes their Toyota battery often, this type of charger is highly recommended.
1. How Much Does a RAV4 Battery Cost?
A Toyota RAV4 battery can cost around $80 to $800, depending on the type you are going to choose. More expensive models have longer life cycles and performance.
2. How Many Volts Is a Toyota Car Battery?
A Toyota battery has a voltage of about 12 volts.
3. Does Toyota Have a Battery Problem?
Yes, Toyota Rav4 battery dead is a common problem among Toyota Rav4 owners. Apart from that, other issues like poor starting can occur.
4. How Long Do Toyota RAV4 Batteries Last?
A new RAV4 battery is expected to last for 5 years. But it can be less or more depending on how you take care of it. If you regularly check its water levels and charge it properly, then expect that it will last longer than usual.
5. What Happens If You Have the Wrong Battery in Your Car?
If you have the wrong battery in your car, expect that your engine won’t start. But if it still runs somehow, you can experience many issues that include stalling now and then or not starting at all.
6. Does Toyota Have a Battery Warranty?
Yes, Toyota offers a 2-year warranty for new batteries. If you are experiencing any problem after the warranty period, then you can contact their customer service.
7. When should you change Toyota RAV4 Batteries?
You can substitute the AGM batteries after 3 or 4 years. It relies on the usage, brand quality and warranty of the batteries.
It also depends upon the climate condition and driving practices. If you use the recommended batteries, it will last lengthier.
Some batteries may perform for even 5 years, and you won’t need to change them before. However, if you notice your battery is not performing well and are facing starting issue due to electric problem, replace the damaged one as soon as possible.
8. How to maintain the Rav4 battery Lifelong?
To keep automotive battery long-lasting, try not to keep at charging point for a long time after fully charged and never discharge it completely to keep it well.
Besides, always clean the batteries and keep it dirt-free which will increase its life time. Don’t keep your car idle for a long time which will discharge it. In a week, you should run your vehicle at least twice for keeping the battery at good condition.
9. How do you understand the Battery is failing?
There are some definite elements to understand the car’s battery failing state. These are:
- Blurry lights
- Interruption of starting the car
- Ticking sound on turning the car key while starting
- Bad smell
- Electrical problems
- Decomposition on any part of the battery
- Very old one
If you notice one or two above options, call a reliable mechanic to check the battery.
10. What is the meaning of ‘AGM’ for Batteries?
AGM means Absorbed Glass Mat. There is a mat that engrosses the electrolyte. The electrolytes are at dry condition in AGM batteries. Thus, they don’t leak, which helps this design appropriate.
Due to quality dry electrolytes of the best batteries, they do not need the regular maintenance. You can continue it for more years without checking distilled water or electrolytes.
After we looked at the product carefully, we can say that OPTIMA 8020- 164 35 is our top pick for the best battery for Toyota Rav4. It’s a high-performance battery that you can rely on every time. Not only that, but it also offers the best bang for your buck because of its affordability while having all-around features that you are looking for.
But whatever it is! The choice is still yours. We only publish the best information that we can give you. All options here are great and can offer maximum performance. It’s just a matter of choosing which one is your favorite.